Every now and then I plan to post a small introductory article to cool resources (IMHO) on the web. So if you developed something cool and want it to be published here, do not hesitate to contact me.
Thomas Billenstein wrote this wonderful jQuery plugin that simplifies the integration of Twitter services into your site.
You can check demo below and download the plugin if you click on Source files. It shows my latest 10 tweets, have Follow button and even a Tweet Box where you can send your Tweet directly without leaving the page:
- Displays tweets from one or more user’s feeds
- Displays tweets from a user’s list
- Displays the results of a Twitter search
- Supports all Twitter search params
- Supports Twitter’s @Anywhere features
- Optionally displays profile images in TweetFeeds
- Automatically detects and marks up links in tweets
- Automatically links #hashtags to Twitter search requests
- Automatically links @username to Twitter profiles
- Automatically shows Hovercards when hovering @username or profile images
- Optionally integrates a customizable TweetBox into your site, so your visitors can
update their status on the fly
- Optionally adds a Twitter “Follow Button” to your site
- Optionally adds a “Connect with Twitter” button to your site
- Provides secure user authentication
- Handles low level user login and signup procedures
- Customize the style and layout of the widget with your own stylesheets
- Overwrite the generated HTML markup by providing your own Decorators
- Small code size for fast download
- Does not interrupt the loading of your page
Documentation and how to implement the jQuery Twitter Widget is available on the plugin page
What are you waiting for? Go get it ….
To get even more excellent content, you can follow me on Twitter.