I know that many of us spend hours searching for new and cool way to present your web page or to achieve some new and cool effect. I am giving you a collection of six must have scripts that could help you to make even better applications. This small scripts can be used as an idea of the effect or functionality you are trying to achieve.
One way or the other, this collection can come in handy for everybody, regardless of job description.
Tastydir is a cross-platform PHP file management system which allows you to not only replace your traditional FTP client but also allow your users to view directories in a much more aesthetically pleasing way.
- view files in a directory (with easy breadcrumb navigation)
- edit and rename files and folders
- create files and folders
- erase files and folders
- copy files and folders
- move files
- download and upload files (downloader also sends MIME types, so you can view some files in-browser)
- preview images in a lightbox
- chmod files
- secure authentication
- installer script, so you don’t have to bother with editing PHP files
- supports both Windows and Linux!
- drive letter navigation on Windows
- PSD files are provided for easy customization
- 27 file icons encompass 78 file types
- dynamically switch between a fluid and fixed layout
With this class you can easely detect mobile devices. This class is very easy to use and support lots of mobile devices, even the new Mac iPad.
- Opera mini devices
- Palm OS
- Windows Mobile
- Generic devices like PSP , PDA, wap phones, ….
With this script you can make a nice interactive slide gallery like you find on every big site these days. Because the script is highly customizable you can use this script for lots of purposes.
- Multiple instances
- Multiple transitions: slide left, right, top and bottom, fade, size, line
- Use different transition for slide and description
- Use different type slide: images, html, flash, video
- 5 examples included
- Fully customizable
- Works in all browsers including IE6
This is a jQuery banner rotator plugin featuring multiple transitions. The thumbnails and buttons allow for easy navigation of your banners/ads. The banner rotator is also re-sizable and configurable through the plugin’s parameters.
- Multiple transitions available. Also can set a different transition per slide.
- Able to load unlimited number of images, each with customizable text description, tooltip, and hyperlink.
- Show or hide components, including play/pause button, directional buttons, thumbnails, text panel, and tooltip.
- Can set to automatically play on startup with customizable timer delay. Also, can set a different time delay for each slide.
- Banner, thumbnails, and buttons are all resizable.
- Text description panel can be set at different location and size.
- Embed links and images inside html text description box.
- Control panel can be set at different location.
- Configurable tooltip for each thumbnail.
- Can set text description and control panel to appear on mouseover.
- Block & stripe sizes are configurable.
Events Calendar Pro
The Events Calendar Premium plugin for WordPress enables you to rapidly create and manage events using the post editor. Features include Google Maps integration as well as default templates such as a calendar grid and event list for streamlined one click installation.
- Manage event details in the Events post type
- Upcoming Events Widget
- Provides full template to complement the 2010 theme out of the box (month and list view)
- Extensive template tags for customization
- Google Maps Integration
- Calendar Month view with tooltips
- Detailed List view
- In Depth Screencast and Documentation included just to be safe!
- Includes support for venue, cost, address, start and end time, google maps link
- Support for international addresses, time and languages
If you’ve been searching for a way to manage events, band gigs, concerts, charity events, conferences, tour calendar, or any other time based event inside WordPress, this is the plugin you’ve been searching for! Install the plugin in minutes and start managing your events now!
Lightbox Evolution is a tool for displaying images, html content, maps, and videos in a “lightbox” style that floats overtop of web page. Using Lightbox Evolution, website authors can showcase a wide assortment of media in all major browsers without navigating users away from the linking page.
- Can display images, HTML elements, SWF movies, Maps, and Ajax requests
- Customizable through settings and CSS
- Groups related items with navigation buttons
- Amazing and sweet animations
- A lot of themes to choose from!